RACHEL GOLDBERG is an associate in Sidley’s Los Angeles office and practices in the Commercial Litigation and Disputes Group. She first joined Sidley’s Chicago office in 2014. Rachel’s practice includes defending companies in class action, consumer fraud and product liability litigation, as well as pre-litigation internal investigations. Rachel also works on pro bono constitutional and criminal procedure matters before the U.S. Supreme Court and Courts of Appeals, along with capital appellate cases in both state and federal courts.
Rachel received the 2016 Seventh Circuit Bar Association’s John Paul Stevens Pro Bono and Public Service Award, the 2016 Award for Excellence in Public Interest Service from the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the 2015 Thomas H. Morsch Award for Pro Bono Achievement.
Rachel earned her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School in 2014, where she worked in the Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic. She graduated with a B.A. in non-fiction writing from Northwestern University.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, C.D. of California
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of California
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- The University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2014 (cum laude)
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2009