BOJAN GUZINA is a partner in the Chicago office and a global co-leader of the firmwide Restructuring practice. He represents debtors and creditors in complex business reorganizations, troubled company M&A, debt restructurings and financing matters. He has advised public and privately held companies experiencing financial distress, purchasers of distressed companies, lender syndicates and noteholder committees, and other major stakeholders in numerous in-court and out-of-court restructuring matters.
- Lead counsel to Mattress Firm, Inc. and its affiliates in their pre-packaged Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Lead counsel to Total Finance Investment Inc. and its affiliates in their pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Lead counsel to a regulated broker-dealer portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with its successful out-of-court restructuring.
- Lead counsel for Wanxiang America Corporation, a subsidiary of China’s largest auto parts manufacturer, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all assets of Fisker Automotive, Inc., a maker of luxury hybrid plug-in vehicles.
- Lead counsel for Global Steering Systems, LLC, a manufacturer of steering components, in connection with its acquisition of substantially all assets of Illinois Machine & Tool Works, L.L.C., a manufacturer of precision machined castings.
- Lead counsel for Wanxiang America Corporation in connection with its acquisition of substantially all assets of A123 Systems, Inc., a maker of lithium-ion batteries used in electric cars and grid storage systems.
- Lead counsel for the Indiana Finance Authority in connection with the pre-packaged bankruptcy filing by ITR Concession Company, LLC, the entity that operates the Indiana Toll Road.
- Lead counsel for an informal committee of holders of 8.0% convertible notes issued by Penson Worldwide, Inc., which sought bankruptcy protection in order to implement the terms of a pre-arranged plan of liquidation.
- Represented Lee Enterprises, Incorporated in connection with its pre-packaged bankruptcy case. The company’s plan of reorganization, which restructured approximately US$1 billion of bank and bond debt, received the support of the holders of more than 95% of the company’s bank debt and 100% of its bond debt.
- Represented Neenah Enterprises, Inc. in its pre-arranged bankruptcy case. The Company commenced its Chapter 11 case in order to pursue the confirmation of a pre-negotiated plan of reorganization that the holders of a majority in principal amount of the Company’s secured notes and 100% in principal amount of its unsecured notes had agreed to support.
- Represented R.H. Donnelley Corporation in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Represented Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation in its successful cross-border restructuring.
- Represented General Electric Capital Corporation in multiple restructuring matters.
- Represented Bank of America in a number of bankruptcy cases and out-of-court workouts.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2002
- Denison University, B.A., 1999 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)