JENNIFER HANEY is an associate in the Healthcare practice where she advises a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical and device manufacturers, large provider groups and pharmacies, on a range of regulatory and compliance matters, with an emphasis on government enforcement actions. In addition to counseling clients on issues relating to coverage and reimbursement, price reporting, health information privacy and security, and compliance with fraud and abuse laws, Jennifer has experience in assisting clients with both internal investigations and responding to government subpoenas. Jennifer has also represented individuals and organizations on a pro bono basis in matters challenging Medicaid coverage denials.
A sampling of Jennifer’s recent work includes:
- Representing a large pharmacy in a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation involving allegations of violations of the beneficiary inducement and improperly flied claims prohibitions found in in the Civil Monetary Penalties Law
- Representing a large provider group in a DOJ investigation involving allegations of upcoding
- Representing a pharmaceutical manufacturer in a DOJ investigation involving allegations of violations of the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Providing fraud and abuse counseling to a wide array of clients, including pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device companies, providers, and patient assistance organizations
- Advising a major pharmacy regarding HIPAA-related issues, including data breaches
Jennifer earned her J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she was an executive technical editor on the Harvard Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Law Review. Jennifer received her Masters in English from Northeastern University, and her B.A., summa cum laude, in English and Philosophy from Arkansas State University.