ERIC S. HAUETER is a corporate partner in the San Francisco office. His principal areas of practice include capital markets, securities, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Mr. Haueter is recognized as a leading capital markets lawyer by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500 and Northern California Super Lawyers. He is also a five-time Client Service All-Star in BTI Consulting Group’s annual survey of corporate counsel from more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies.
Mr. Haueter has represented underwriters and companies in a broad range of public and private debt and equity financings, merger and acquisition transactions and other matters.
Representative transactions in which Mr. Haueter has participated include:
- IPOs for companies such as Arbor Realty, Carrols Restaurant Group, Dolby Laboratories, IPC—The Hospitalist Company, KKR Financial, Morton’s Restaurant Group, NUCRYST Pharmaceuticals, Zogenix and Zumiez;
- debt and equity offerings for REITs such as Equity Office Properties, Federal Realty, HCP, Kilroy Realty, Mid-America Apartment Communities, QTS Realty, Realty Income Corporation and United Dominion;
- offerings of convertible debt and other equity-linked securities for issuers such as Edwards Lifesciences, Finisar, Kilroy Realty, Placer Dome, Wells Fargo and Weyerhaeuser;
- PIPEs and registered directs for issuers such as Capstone Turbine, ISTA Pharmaceuticals and MannKind;
- add-on common stock offerings for issuers such as Actuant, Nektar Therapeutics, O’Charley’s, Performance Foods, SI International, Tuesday Morning and Weyerhaeuser;
- IPOs, common stock offerings and debt offerings for issuers affiliated with financial buyers, including Del Monte, Safeway and Southern Pacific Rail;
- investment grade and high-yield debt offerings for issuers such as Barrick Gold, Canadian Occidental Petroleum, Darling International, DaVita, eBay, Fidelity Investments, KB Home, Lee Enterprises, Occidental Petroleum, Permian Holdings, San Diego Gas & Electric, Safeway, Sempra Energy, Southern California Gas, SuperValu, Walt Disney and Weyerhaeuser; and
- debt, preferred stock and capital securities offerings for financial institutions such as BancWest Corporation and Downey Financial.
Mr. Haueter is admitted to practice in California and New York.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 1979 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)
- Columbia Business School, MBA, 1980 (Beta Gamma Sigma)
- Williams College, B.A., 1975 (Phi Beta Kappa)