DAVID KANTER is an associate in the Litigation group in Sidley’s New York office.
Prior to starting at Sidley, David served as a law clerk to the Honorable Raymond J. Lohier, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Honorable Emmet G. Sullivan of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
David earned his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was an executive articles editor on the Georgetown Law Journal, and his B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of New York
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2016 (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Francis E. Lucey, S.J. Award (highest academic average in the graduating class), George Brent Mickum III Prize (highest academic average at the completion of first-year courses))
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2011 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Goldstone Prize for Academic Excellence, First Place, Lina A. Ruiz y Ruiz Memorial Award, Honorable Mention, Edwin B. Williams Memorial Award)
- Raymond J. Lohier Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit (2017 - 2018)
- Emmet G. Sullivan, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia (2016 - 2017)