RACHEL KONNE is an associate in the M&A and Private Equity practices in the firm’s New York office. Rachel concentrates her practice on corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate structuring activities and capital markets. Rachel has represented companies in a wide range of industries ranging from emerging growth companies to private equity firms and Fortune 500 companies in complex transactions.
Rachel earned her J.D. from Cornell Law School, where she was a notes editor of the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy, a member of the Cornell Moot Court Board and a member of the Executive Boards of the Cornell Business Law Society and the Cornell Black Law Students Association. Prior to attending law school, Rachel served on the board of a not-for-profit organization and graduated with honors from the University of Iowa.
Rachel’s recent representations include:
- GIC Pte Ltd., in connection with its acquisition, together with Brookfield Infrastructure, of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W);
- General Electric Company, in its joint venture with BlackRock Real Assets, to design, build, own and operate distributed solar and storage solutions;
- Siris Capital Group, LLC in its $2 billion acquisition of Web.com Group, Inc.;
- Siris Capital Group, LLC in its $2 billion acquisition of Polycom, Inc.;
- Siris Capital Group, LLC in its $654 million acquisition of Xura, Inc. (formerly Comverse);
- Affiliates of Siris Capital Group, LLC and Xura, Inc. in their $500 million acquisition of Mitel Mobility, Inc. (renamed Mavenir Systems, Inc.);
- GIC Pte Ltd. in connection with its investment in Virtu Financial Inc. to finance the $1.4 billion acquisition by Virtu Financial of KCG Holdings, Inc.; and
- Underwriters’ counsel in securities offerings by Land O’Lakes, Inc., Morgan Stanley, QTS Realty Trust, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Westfield Corporation, Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc., the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Cornell Law School, J.D., 2014
- University of Iowa, B.S., 2010 (with honors)