DAVID KRONENBERG, a counsel in the Energy group, represents energy companies, financial institutions and private equity firms in matters involving:
- the structuring and negotiation of physical and financial commodities transactions,
- the enforcement of energy contracts and other creditor rights issues in chapter 11 proceedings and related litigation,
- the application of the Bankruptcy Code’s safe harbors to energy derivatives and other contracts,
- the structuring and analysis of secured energy transactions,
- the use or trading of renewable energy credits and emissions allowances and offsets, and
- the acquisition and disposition of energy and other assets.
Prior to joining Sidley, David worked for an international law firm where he was involved in the restructuring or liquidation of various energy companies, insurance companies and financial services firms.
In 2014–2015 and 2017–2019, David was recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Ohio
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2007 (cum laude)
- Washington University, B.A., 2004 (cum laude)