ISAAC LARA is an associate in the Commercial Litigation and Disputes group in the New York office. His practice focuses on White Collar: Government Litigation & Investigations.
Isaac earned his joint J.D./M.P.A. from Columbia Law School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, where he was awarded the 2016 E. Allan Farnsworth Note Competition Prize. Isaac also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Gregory H. Woods in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York; as Executive Digital Editor for the Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems; and as Executive Board Relations Director and Senior Editor for the Harvard Journal of Hispanic Policy.
Isaac earned his B.A. from Columbia College, cum laude, where he was awarded the 2011 George William Curtis Prize in Oration.
Prior to joining Sidley, Isaac worked as a government investigator in New York, where he interviewed NYPD officers regarding allegations ranging from excessive use of force to improper search warrant executions.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of New York
- New Jersey
- New York
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 2017 (E. Allan Farnsworth Note Competition Prize)
- Harvard Kennedy School, M.P.A., 2017 (PPIA Graduate Fellowship)
- Columbia University, B.A., 2011 (cum laude, George William Curtis Prize in Oration)