MATTHEW LETTEN represents corporate and individual clients in all phases of civil and criminal litigation with a particular focus on critical motions and appeals. Matt also has experience conducting internal investigations and representing clients before law enforcement and regulatory agencies, including the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). As a member of the firm’s E-Discovery Task Force, Matt also has extensive experience with all aspects of e-discovery.
Matt’s recent experience includes:
- Representing a multilateral development bank in a class action lawsuit in the District of Delaware related to foreign investments.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a qui tam action related to a defense contract.
- Representing a financial services company in a breach of contract action involving a major retailer.
- Representing Bill Baroni, former Deputy Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and Jersey, in his appeal from his conviction in the “Bridgegate” prosecution.
- Defending a U.S.based multinational company in a federal grand jury investigation involving allegations of financial reporting and tax fraud.
- Defending a U.S. bank in an investigation by the CFPB concerning sales practices.
- Representing a telecommunications company in an investigation and litigation related to a pending merger.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2014 (Notes Editor, Yale Law Journal)
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2010 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Thomas L. Ambro, U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit (2015 - 2016)
- Paul S. Diamond, U.S. District Court, E.D. of Pennsylvania (2014 - 2015)