LUCY LIU is an associate in the Global Finance group in the New York office. She represents private equity sponsors, public and private companies, investment funds, hedge funds, insurance companies and major financial institutions in a broad range of financing transactions, including acquisition financings, fund financings, corporate lending transactions and structured finance transactions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Lucy practiced at another international law firm in Toronto, where she represented financial institutions and companies in various corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border financings, asset securitizations, securities, public and private mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
Lucy received her J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School, and her MBA and iBBA from the Schulich School of Business.
Lucy’s recent representations include:
- Represented GIC in connection with its acquisition, together with Brookfield Infrastructure, of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W).
- Represented GIC, in its investment, alongside Blackstone Infrastructure Partners, in a $3.3 billion acquisition of interests in Tallgrass Energy.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Ontario, Canada
- Osgoode Hall Law School, J.D., 2015
- Schulich School of Business, York University, MBA, 2015
- Schulich School of Business, York University, 2010