SIMON LUTHAR has experience acting for private equity sponsors and lenders in leveraged finance transactions, high yield offerings, syndicated lending, refinancings and general banking.
Recent examples of Simon’s work include advising:
- Compass Partners International and Rodenstock Group, a German manufacturer of high-quality progressive lenses, in connection with the refinancing of Rodenstock’s senior debt with a €395 million cov-lite TLB.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., a leading supplier of gaming terminals in the UK, with respect to its £240 million senior secured facilities established in connection with its acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- TowerBrook in its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
In 2017, Simon completed a secondment at an international investment bank, supporting the origination and syndication desks on loan and high-yield leveraged acquisition/LBO financings.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2018, Simon was an associate in the banking and finance practice of another international law firm.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- London School of Economics, LL.B., 2010