PAMELA MARTINSON represents major institutional and other lenders, lessors, borrowers and equity sponsors. She possesses extensive experience in complex financings of all kinds, including syndicated lending transactions (secured and unsecured), equipment leasing, asset-based lending, unitranche loans, subscription finance and structured finance. Pam has experience in a wide variety of financing programs for power sports vehicles, including warehouse facilities secured by electronic chattel paper, and forward flow programs for marketplace lenders. Her practice in large part centers on cross-border loans and security, marketplace lending, fund finance, intercreditor relationships and lending to technology and growth companies, many within FinTech. Pam has been instrumental in developing loan and lease documentation for commercial lenders and equipment lessors and has experience in lease and loan financing of early-stage companies that include the issuance of warrants. She advises clients with respect to credit, workout and Uniform Commercial Code issues.
Pam also has more than 10 years of experience as a banker and commercial lender. She was employed by an asset-based lender and a commercial bank in credit, credit management and sales positions. Pam was responsible for asset-based lending operations including credit analysis, collateral control and portfolio management. She developed and implemented workout arrangements for problem loans. Pam marketed private-label leasing programs to U.S. vendors of equipment, and sold and structured tax-advantaged leases on behalf of a bank leasing company.
With her business experience as a lender and lessor, Pam understands and appreciates the credit risk and other business aspects of a financing and is a valuable resource in structuring debt and lease transactions.
Awards and Honors
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Palo Alto Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Leading lawyer in Banking & Finance, Chambers USA (2011–2019)
- Leading lawyer in banking law and structured finance law, The Best Lawyers in America (2007–2020)
- “Lawyer of The Year”, Banking and Finance Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Leading lawyer in bank lending, The Legal 500 (2012)
- Leading lawyer in equipment finance law, The Best Lawyers in America (2011–2020)
- Fellow, American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers (Executive Committee Officer, 2016–present)
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Denver, MBA
- University of Denver, B.A. (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)