JOHN McBRIDE is a trial lawyer who litigates patent and trade secret cases involving complex technology. He has represented some of the largest technology companies in the world in high-stakes matters. He regularly assists clients in evaluating patent portfolios and other intellectual property assets for litigation, with a particular focus on the software and computer hardware fields. He has significant experience handling cases involving standard-essential patents subject to fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) licensing obligations.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Texas
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Wisconsin
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2007 (cum laude)
- St. John's College, B.A., 1999