Meredith received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, where she received the John Paul Stevens Prize for graduating first in her class. While at Northwestern, she served as the inaugural empirical articles editor of the Northwestern University Law Review and participated in the school’s Supreme Court Clinic. She received her B.A., magna cum laude with distinction, in music from the University of Pennsylvania, and her A.M. and Ph.D. in ethnomusicology from the University of Chicago.
Prior to joining Sidley, Meredith served as a law clerk to Judge David F. Hamilton of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Judge Edmond E. Chang of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She also worked as a law clerk at a firm representing plaintiff-relators in False Claims Act cases and gained substantial experience in all phases of False Claims Act discovery and motion practice. Before attending law school, Meredith worked as a violinist/violist, music teacher, arts administrator, and arts education policymaker. Her methodological work in arts education policy has been adopted nationwide via municipal, state, and federal government initiatives.
Meredith lives with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and ADHD, and is an advocate for disability diversity, equity, and inclusion within the legal profession.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- Northwestern School of Law, J.D., 2019 (John Paul Stevens Prize (first in class), summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Lowden-Wigmore Prize, Barnet & Scott Hodes Prize, Senior Research Honors, Kirkland and Ellis Scholar, Arlyn Miner Book Award)
- The University of Chicago, Ph.D., 2015 (Urban Doctoral Fellow)
- The University of Chicago, M.A., 2012
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2010
- Edmond E. Chang, U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois (2020 - 2021)
- David F. Hamilton, U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit (2019 - 2020)