AMANDA NORTON, an associate in the Antitrust/Competition practice group, counsels clients on antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, federal and state government investigations, and antitrust compliance counseling. Her practice focuses on representing clients that seek merger clearance approval from the Federal Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Justice’s Antitrust Division, and she has experience on merger reviews by the European Commission and Canada’s Competition Bureau as well.
In addition to advising clients before government authorities, Amanda analyzes U.S. and ex-U.S. premerger filing obligations and prepares Hart-Scott-Rodino Notification and Report Forms, as well as ex-U.S. premerger filings, on behalf of a wide range of clients.
Amanda’s recent representative matters have included advising:
- KapStone Paper and Packaging in connection with antitrust clearances for the company’s acquisition by WestRock.
- ServiceMaster in connection with antitrust clearances for its acquisition of Copesan Services.
- Roche in connection with antitrust clearances for its acquisition of Ignyta, Inc. for $1.7 billion in cash.
- Cabela’s in connection with antitrust clearances for the company’s acquisition by Bass Pro Group, a deal valued at $4.6 billion.
- Recall Holdings, Ltd., a provider of document management services, in its $2.6 billion sale to Iron Mountain, Inc.
- Keurig Green Mountain in connection with antitrust clearances for the company’s acquisition by JAB Holding.
- Sigma-Aldrich, a leading supplier of chemicals and laboratory equipment for life science and high technology applications, in connection with global regulatory clearances for the company’s acquisition by Merck KGaA.
- A global medical device manufacturer complainant in case involving anticompetitive conduct.
Prior to joining Sidley, Amanda worked at an international law firm, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Office of Nonbank Supervision and the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition.