IMAD QASIM is a partner in the Corporate and Capital Markets group in the firm’s Chicago office. Imad focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance and securities laws.
Imad played a primary role in representing Equity Office Properties in its $39 billion acquisition by Blackstone, one of the largest leveraged buyouts ever consummated. He also was the lead lawyer in the acquisition of Tellabs by Marlin, which was named 2013 M&A Deal of the Year by M&A Advisor.
He has been involved in numerous public company mergers and spinoffs, including the following:
- Nordstrom family proposed take private of Nordstrom;
- Blackstone/Equity Office Properties;
- Sabra Healthcare REIT/Care Capital Properties;
- NiSource spinoff of Columbia Pipeline Group;
- Berkshire Hathaway Energy/NV Energy;
- Duke Energy/Piedmont Natural Gas;
- Blackstone/Strategic Hotels;
- Fujifilm/Cellular Dynamics;
- Interpublic Group/True North;
- True North/Bozell;
- Marshall & Ilsley’s sponsored spinoff of Metavante Technologies;
- Kimberly-Clark’s spinoff of Neenah Paper;
- Fred Meyer/QFC; and
- Mercantile Bancorporation/Mark Twain Bancshares.
Imad’s corporate governance assignments have included advising public company boards and their standing and special committees on a variety of subjects, including shareholder activism and proxy contests.
Imad has extensive private equity and joint venture experience, including investments by strategic investors in public and private companies.
Imad is consistently recognized in Chambers USA, including in its most recent edition. He was named a BTI Client Service All-Star for 2009 by BTI Consulting. Imad is a frequent lecturer on mergers and acquisitions and securities law matters.