JASON RICHARDSON has over twenty years’ experience advising on a wide range of structured finance transactions with particular emphasis on commercial real estate and derivatives based transactions.
Jason acts for both lenders and sponsors on commercial mortgage lending transactions as well as for arrangers, investors, servicers and rating agencies in relation to various types of securitization transactions including commercial mortgage backed securitizations, synthetic securitizations and non-performing loan portfolio transactions.
Jason also leads the transactional derivatives practice in London, where he advises on derivatives trading and clearing agreements as well as repos and securities lending agreements, with a particular focus on buy-side clients.
Recent transactions include acting for:
- Commerzbank in connection with the restructuring of the General Healthcare Group credit facilities.
- Fortress Investment Group in connection with various European NPL transactions.
- Cairn Capital Limited as arranger in relation to the establishment of a commercial mortgage debt repackaging programme.
- Tricadia Capital Management, LLC in relation to a warehouse credit facility for Irish commercial mortgage loans.
- Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited in relation to the €180 million Matisse Finance B.V. CMBS transaction, which was the first international bond issue secured on Romanian commercial real estate assets.
- Cairn Global Funds PLC acting for its sub-fund Cairn European Commercial Mortgage Fund in relation to a warehouse credit facility for a UK peer-to-peer lending platform.
- Munich Re on €3.8 Billion Longevity Risk Transfer with NN Life Netherlands.
- Step One Finance Limited in relation to an equity fund raising by the specialist consumer lender.
- The investors in the Pangaea Funding 1 PLC CMBS, which securitized 77 properties located in Greece leased to National Bank of Greece.
Jason is listed as a Leading Individual in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Property Finance and is also recommended for Derivatives & Structured Products and Securitisation. Clients single him out for his “significant experience in the structured finance space and strong knowledge; he provides tempered advice and innovative solutions.” Jason is ranked in Chambers UK 2020 for Capital Markets: Securitisation, with clients describing him as “a very good securitisation partner” who is “hard-working and knowledgeable, particularly in CMBS matters.” He has been praised for being “super responsive and available” as well as providing a “really user-friendly” service. Jason was also recognized in Chambers UK 2016 for Real Estate Finance where he is described by clients as an “intelligent lawyer who is also commercially aware” and “gets to the point without unnecessary over-lawyering.”
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- University of Exeter, B.A., 1991
- The University of Law, C.P.E., 1992