DAVID SIEGEL is a partner in the Chicago real estate group who joined the firm in 1994. David’s practice includes a broad range of real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing, construction and development transactions of all categories, including extensive experience with corporate headquarters leases and other office leasing, leasing of distribution centers, warehouses and other industrial properties, utility acquisition, disposition, development and financing transactions, real estate development matters including conference and learning centers, shopping centers, utility substations and petroleum service stations, and sale-leaseback transactions involving industrial and office properties.
Some of the notable recent matters with which David has assisted clients include:
- Representation of a national utility company in a wide variety of projects, including the acquisition of land rights for an approximately 60-mile transmission line, purchases of office headquarters buildings, project financings of portfolios of gas-powered generating stations and wind-powered generating stations located in multiple states, the negotiation of agreements with governmental entities for use of land for transmission right of way purposes, numerous acquisitions of land for electrical substation purposes, and the real estate aspects of the decommissioning of coal-powered power plants.
- Representation of a multinational accounting and financial services firm in connection with the acquisition and development of its international training and conference center.
- Representation of a multinational accounting and financial services firm in office and regional headquarters leases throughout the country, including Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minneapolis, Portland and Salt Lake City.
- Representation of a multinational accounting and financial services firm in connection with its national headquarters lease, national construction contracts, national project management agreements, national architect agreements and various management and vendor agreements.
- Representation of a global digital media company in connection with its national office headquarters lease.
- Representation of a multinational consumer products packaging company in connection with its corporate headquarters lease in suburban Chicago and primary regional warehouse and distribution center lease in the southeastern United States, the sale-leaseback of six manufacturing plants located in Illinois, Georgia, Texas and Maryland, and the sale of various industrial properties located throughout the country, including Illinois, California, Georgia and New Mexico.
- Representation of a multinational technology retailer in connection with office, sales, warehouse and distribution center leases in various locations throughout the country, including Illinois, California, Nevada, Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan.
- Representation of a multinational insurance company in connection with the disposition of a portfolio of low-income housing tax credit projects located in New York and Pennsylvania.
David also represents the firm in connection with its own internal leasing matters, runs the training program for the real estate group’s Chicago office, and is a member of the Firm’s pro bono committee. He has served as an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law for several years, where he lectures on the topic of real estate subdivisions and other land use matters, and has co-chaired and spoken at seminars addressing a wide variety of real estate law topics for organizations such as the Practising Law Institute and Law Seminars International.