JULIE SNYDER is counsel in the Insurance and Financial Services Group in the firm’s Chicago office. Julie’s practice is focused on a variety of corporate, securities and regulatory matters relating to the insurance and financial services industry, including securities offerings and structured finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings and the regulation of insurance holding company systems. Julie has also been involved in a number of innovative transactions for the transfer of insurance-related risks to the capital markets, including embedded value and closed block securitizations and regulatory reserve financings.
Recent transactions on which Julie has advised include:
- Represented Wells Fargo and the other dealers in connection with Great-West Financial’s $700 million senior notes offering
- Represented RGA in connection with the first-ever term life PBR reserve financing solution completed for a leading life insurer
- Over $10 billion of reserve financing transactions for global insurers and risk takers, including MetLife, Prudential, Aviva, Lincoln, Genworth, Protective, PacLife, Voya, Swiss Re, RGA, JPMorgan, BNP Paribas and Assured Guaranty;
- Offering by Chesterfield Financial Holdings LLC, an indirect subsidiary of RGA, of $300 million in embedded value linked notes
- Offering by Aurigen Re of C$300 million in embedded value linked notes;
- Issuance by MetLife of $2.5 billion embedded value linked notes;
- Acquisition of Transatlantic Holdings by Alleghany Corporation, a transaction valued at $3.4 billion; and
- Sale by American Republic and World Insurance Co. of its health insurance business to Celtic Insurance Co.
Admissions & Certifications
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2007
- University of Michigan, B.B.A., 2004 (with high distinction)