PHILLIP TAYLOR has significant experience of cross-border and domestic restructuring, insolvency, corporate rescue and turnaround matters. Representative public engagements include:
- LDK Solar Co. Ltd., scheme of arrangement, Chapter 11, Chapter 15 (debtor).
- Kaupthing Bank/Murray Holdings Limited, scheme of arrangement, Chapter 15 (Kaupthing Bank as scheme proponent).
- JSC Astana Finance, restructuring, CBIR recognition, Chapter 15 (debtor).
- G.R.A.N.D. plc, scheme of arrangement (debtor/issuer).
- Viridian Group, restructuring (ad hoc committee of junior lenders).
- TI Automotive Ltd, scheme of arrangement (ad hoc committee of senior creditors).
- Titan Outdoor Advertising Limited, administration (partners of Zolfo Cooper as joint administrators).
- Laurel Pub Group, administration (partners of Kroll as joint administrators).
- Parmalat SpA, extraordinary administration (Italy) and liquidation (Ireland) (senior creditor).
- Sea Containers Ltd., Chapter 11 and provisional liquidation (Bermuda) (debtor).
- Federal Mogul group, Chapter 11 and administration (debtor).
- Toni & Guy (Ireland) Limited, examinership (Ireland) (major equity investor).
- BRAC Rent-A-Car International, Inc. (formerly Budget-Rent-A-Car International, Inc), Chapter 11 and administration (debtor).
- Cordiant group, restructuring (partners of Kroll as potential office holders).
- Lehman Brothers International (Europe), administration (various creditors).
Phillip has also assisted with the restructuring of a multinational consumer electronics manufacturer and of a number of distressed securitizations, and regularly assists with advising on security and insolvency law aspects of commercial, structured and leveraged finance and catastrophe bond transactions.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- University of Sussex, B.A., 1996
- Chester College of Law, C.P.E., 1997