MICHELLE TONG advises on a broad range of private equity and corporate transactions, with a particular focus on leveraged buyouts, acquisitions, divestures, joint ventures, fund formations, equity and debt restructurings and management equity plans, as well as related corporate matters.
Recent examples of Michelle’s work include representing:
- TowerBrook on its acquisition of CarTrawler, a leading provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry, from BC Partners.
- GHO Capital Partners on its acquisition of Ardena, a leading contract development and manufacturing organization providing early-stage drug development and manufacturing for small to mid-sized biopharma companies.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited as facilities agent, GLAS Trust Corporation Limited as existing security agent and TMF Trustee Limited as new security agent, on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- Global Loan Agency Services in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited in connection with the sale of Young’s Seafood Limited, one of the UK’s leading producers and distributors of seafood, to Karro Food Group.
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- eBay Inc. on its acquisition of Motors.co.uk from Cox Automotive Relation Solutions.
- TowerBrook in its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- Archer Daniels Midland on its acquisition of Probiotics International Limited, a UK-based provider of probiotic supplements for human, pet and production-animal use.
- Five Arrows Principal Investments in its sale of and co-investment in Datix, a patient safety and risk management software company.
- TransUnion on its acquisition of Callcredit, which was named “Private Equity Deal of the Year (Over $1B)” by The M&A Advisor at the 11th Annual International M&A Awards.
In 2020, Michelle was honored by both Financial News, which named her to its “Private Equity Rising Stars” list and Private Equity International, which named her to its “Future 40” list. The annual Financial News list profiles 25 of the most promising dealmakers, fundraisers, advisers and investor relations professionals under 40 in Europe. Michelle was selected from a longlist of nearly 100 candidates and was the only legal adviser to be named to the list in 2020. Similarly, the annual Private Equity International list recognizes individuals under the age of 40 who are set to shape private equity over the next decade. Both lists recognized Michelle for her leading role in advising key client TowerBrook Capital Partners, as well as her significant contributions to the London office’s associate recruitment and diversity and inclusion programs.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- England and Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer)
- King's College London, LL.B., 2011 (first class honours)
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 2011 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar)