SAMANTHA WALKER advises on a range of transactional (including M&A), regulatory and commercial matters for UK and international (re)insurance companies.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- Advising Cincinnati Financial Corporation on its acquisition of MSP Underwriting at Lloyd’s from Munich Re.
- Advising China Re on its acquisition of Chaucer from The Hanover Insurance Group for US$865 million.
- Advising certain investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC on the acquisition of a majority stake in Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Assisting in the establishment of a Bermudian reinsurance sidecar structure.
- Advising Genworth on the sale of its lifestyle protection insurance business to AXA.
- Advising (re)insurers on a range of regulatory matters, including the recently adopted Senior Insurance Managers Regime.
Samantha trained as a solicitor in Sidley’s London office where she gained experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, structuring and establishment of hedge funds and regulatory matters including cyber security issues, data protection regulation and AIFMD.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Durham University, B.A., 2011