MARISA YOUNG represents a variety of insurance, financial and private equity clients in corporate, securities and regulatory matters involving the insurance industry.
Examples of Marisa’s experience include representation of:
- Apollo Global Management, LLC in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited
- The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. in its $2.05 billion sale of its run-off life and annuity insurance business
- RGA in its acquisition of a block of individual payout annuities from John Hancock representing reserves of approximately $3 billion
- Kemper Corporation in its $1.6 billion purchase of Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation
- Athene Holding Limited in its $1.24 billion IPO, which was among the largest worldwide in 2016
- RGA and Chesterfield Financial Holdings LLC in the offering of $300 million in embedded value linked notes
- Insurers and investment banks in the establishment and maintenance of funding agreement-backed note programs
Marisa maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing asylum seekers and refugees fleeing persecution abroad through Sidley’s Political Asylum and Immigrants’ Rights Project. Marisa graduated summa cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law, where she was a Notes Editor for the University of Illinois Law Review, and graduated magna cum laude from Rice University with a B.A. in Political Science and Sociology.
Admissions & Certifications
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2014 (summa cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- Rice University, B.A., 2009 (magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)