Crisis Management and Strategic Response
Successful crisis management is rooted in preparation, planning and training before a crisis even occurs. Our lawyers, who are at the forefront in government and internal investigations, data breaches and board representation, can help you prepare for the often unpredictable.
Major companies and their boards across industries seek our counsel in an emergency because we provide thoughtful, seamless advice for multi-faceted crisis situations. Harnessing our firm’s global resources, we are able to quickly assemble the right team to represent clients on complex transactional, regulatory and litigation matters spanning multiple legal disciplines.
Highly ranked nationally in Corporate Crime & Investigations, Environment, Product Liability & Mass Torts and Privacy & Data Security
Chambers USA 2019
We understand the level of trust that is required to handle the challenges that arise during and after a crisis. Our lawyers know how to balance internal and external effects, relationship dynamics and optics. We have decades of experience serving as our clients’ first response team in the face of public crises, establishing and managing both the initial and long-term legal strategy. Our representative work includes:
- Conducting sensitive investigations, including those involving whistleblowers or in response to SEC and DOJ inquiries.
- Advising companies and organizations, boards, audit committees and special committees on appropriate investigative processes, special committee formation and potential corrective action.
- Advising boards on compliance, governance, litigation risks and potential exposure arising from alleged misconduct, investigative findings and negative publicity.
- Defending clients in high-profile mass tort litigation and multidistrict litigation (MDL) involving automobile product liability, product defects, derailments, air crashes, industrial accidents and toxic tort exposures.
- Anticipating legal requirements in complicated information security incidents and drawing from experience to rapidly deploy crisis management and communications strategies to discover the scope of the problem and respond in a consistent way.
- Navigating appropriate responses to a congressional inquiry or subpoena, preparing and representing witnesses in connection with congressional testimony, interacting with an investigating committee or managing the legal, policy, political or public relations considerations outside of the investigating committee.
- Deploying experienced employment counsel and specialized regulatory counsel in matters involving healthcare, the FDA, the FTC, defense contracting, financial services, telecommunications, transportation and environmental issues, among many other areas.
Ranked in 10 national categories, including “Tier 1” rankings in 5 practice areas
Benchmark Litigation 2020
Our deep bench includes former senior officials from regulatory agencies and government bodies including the DOJ, the EPA, the FDA, the FTC, the SEC and the White House.
Recognizing that crisis management requires multiple components, we draw upon the substantive knowledge of our lawyers across practice areas to deploy swift, well-planned responses. Our lawyers have extensive experience advising companies in crises across legal areas and industries, including: