The current efforts by Congressional lawmakers to enact the first comprehensive reform of the Internal Revenue Code since 1986 bring a flurry of new developments. To keep our clients informed, Sidley developed this webpage to enable you to access a variety of resources and updates that address the tax reform effort.
If enacted, the proposed changes would have substantial effects on taxpayers across all industries. Below are links to Sidley resources summarizing the major changes with respect to the U.S. tax code generally and with respect to particular industries and subject matters. Additional links provide convenient access to key government documents related to tax reform. We will continue to monitor the proposed tax legislation and will post additional updates here as developments unfold.
- Tax Reform’s Effect on Funds and Fund Managers, Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
- Tax Reform’s Effect on M&A and Private Equity, Thursday, January 11, 2018.
If you would like to view a recording of the webinars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tax Reform Act Restricts Deductibility of Payments to Resolve Government Enforcement Actions, February 8, 2018
- Final 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits, December 21, 2017
- Congress Finalizes Tax Reform, December 21, 2017
- Energy-Related Provisions in the Final Tax Bill, December 21, 2017
- Insurance-Related Provisions of the Tax Reform Act, December 20, 2017
- Insurance-Related Provisions in House and Senate Tax Bills, December 6, 2017
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Comparison of Senate and House Bills on Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits, December 5, 2017
- Tax Reform Provisions You May Have Missed and the State of Play, December 4, 2017
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Impact on Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits, November 14, 2017
- Insurance Tax Provisions in the House Tax Proposal, November 6, 2017
- Sweeping Tax Changes Proposed, November 6, 2017
- The House’s Proposed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and REITs, November 3, 2017
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
- Conference Report – Legislative Language, December 15, 2017
- Joint Explanatory Statement, December 15, 2017
Joint Committee on Taxation Reports
House of Representatives
- H.R. 1: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (House Bill)
- Committee on Ways and Means Report on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- H.R. 1: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (Senate Bill)
- Senate Finance Committee Mark of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, November 9, 2017
- Senate Finance Committee Mark of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, November 14, 2017
- Hatch Modification, November 16, 2017
- Section-by-Section Summary of Chairman’s Mark, November 15, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or: