A growing trend world-wide affecting the price of drugs and biotechnologies is the increased use of cost and clinical effectiveness in pricing, including the use of health technology assessments, comparative effectiveness research, and value-based pricing. In recent years, the world’s leading markets for drugs and biotechnologies have witnessed a proliferation of these and other pricing initiatives. During this webinar, members of Sidley Austin LLP’s Global Life Sciences Team will discuss:
- Germany’s AMNOG and the recent passage and implementation of amendments;
- EU’s transparency directive, transparency of clinical data, and cooperation between national payors to bundle purchasing power;
- UK’s voluntary pricing system and NHS/NICE’s recent decisions and “deals” with manufacturers;
- China’s recent efforts to reduce drug prices, and upcoming policy changes;
- U.S.’s experience with the Patient-Centered Outcome Research Institute, Independent Payment Advisory Board, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation grants, and private payor value-based prices.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM U.S./Eastern Time
4:00 PM – 5:30 PM British Summer Time
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM Central European Summer Time
11:00 PM – 12:30 AM Beijing Time
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY and CA. CLE credit for this program is pending.
Sidley Austin’s Global Life Sciences Practice presents:
A series of presentations on emerging legal issues across the life sciences arena. The coming events will focus on:
- “Winning at International Commercial Arbitration”: Lessons and best practices from the Life Science Industry
- Global Clinical Trials: Update on Regulatory Modernization in US, EU, and China
- and more.
Invitation for each lecture to follow.