Please join Practicing Attorneys for Law Students Program (PALS) and Sidley Austin LLP’s Diversity Committee for a panel discussion on how recent changes have impacted the civil rights landscape and what affirmative measures are being taken in response. Our panelists will also share their insight into the role that lawyers can play in shaping our nation’s future.
- Theodore M. Shaw, Julius L. Chambers Distinguished Professor of Law and Director of the Center for Civil Rights, University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill (Moderator)
- Juan Cartagena, President and General Counsel, LatinoJustice/PRLDEF
- Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Rachel B. Tiven, Chief Executive Officer, Lambda Legal
- Jerry Vattamala, Director, Democracy Program, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
For more information regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.