Please join us for a Breakfast Roundtable to discuss the new interplay between Clinical Trials and the GDPR
The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) recently adopted a very important opinion on the interplay between the Clinical Trials Regulation and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The EDPB is of the view that consent is not the most appropriate legal ground for processing personal data in the context of clinical trials. This is a fundamental change in the way clinical trials have been operated over many years and may increase opportunities to carry out scientific research.
Members of Sidley’s life sciences team will discuss:
- The impact of the EDPB’s Opinion
- The immediate challenges for all life sciences companies involved in clinical trials in the EU
- How to deal with the new landscape regarding consent and managing other requirements of the Opinion in practice
- William RM Long, Partner, Data Privacy, Life Sciences
- Georgia Gavriilidou, Counsel, Regulatory, Life Sciences
The event is open to in-house counsel at life sciences companies. Feel free to forward this invitation to your in-house colleagues. There is no registration fee to attend this event. Due to space limitations for this event, registrations will be confirmed by email.
For questions or more information, please contact us at email@example.com.