Sidley is pleased to share the April issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- Where to Draw the Line Between the Roles of Management and the Board
- Delaware Supreme Court Affirms Ruling Allowing Termination of Merger Based on Failure to Deliver a Required Tax Opinion
- Delaware Court of Chancery Rejects Books and Records Demand Suit by Squeezed-Out Stockholder
- Delaware Court of Chancery Defers to Dispute Resolution Clause in Legal Fee Advancement Ruling
- Delaware Supreme Court Holds That MLP Agreement Did Not Eliminate the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
- Delaware Again Underscores the “Cleansing” Effect of Approval by Disinterested and Fully Informed Stockholders
- Delaware Supreme Court Affirms C&J Energy
- Delaware Enjoins Merger Vote Until Buy-Side Financing Fees Disclosed
- New York and Disclosure-Only Settlements
- Highlights From Recent M&A Litigation Surveys
- DOJ Suit Shows Potential “Gun-Jumping” Risk of Using Tolling Agreement in Conjunction With HSR-Reportable Acquisition
- SEC Brings Enforcement Action for Inadequate Disclosure of Fee Arrangements With Investment Banks in a Control Contest
- SEC Staff Grants Most – But Not All – Requests to Exclude Proxy Access Shareholder Proposals to Increase the Limit on the Size of the Nominating Group
- SEC Mandates Hyperlinks to Exhibit Filings
- SEC Staff Grants Additional Relief From Conflict Minerals Requirements
- SEC Seeks Public Comment on Implementation of CEO Pay Ratio Disclosure Rule
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the April issue here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securities and Shareholder Litigation
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.