MATTHEW ANSON has a wide range of experience advising private equity sponsors, including in respect of acquisitions, disposals, management equity schemes, joint ventures and debt restructurings. He has also acted for a number of sovereign wealth funds on both direct and indirect investments.
Examples of Matt’s work include advising:
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- Goldman Sachs on its investment in Wolt, a Finnish headquartered food-delivery platform.
- A sovereign wealth fund on its investment in a specialty chemicals business alongside another investment firm.
- Värde on its acquisition of a global trustee and custodian business.
Matt spent just over a year working in the W&I market and has extensive knowledge of customary policy terms and the competitive landscape in the transactional risk insurance market.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2020, Matt was an associate in the private equity practice of another international law firm.