JAMES ARDEN is senior counsel in the litigation group in the firm’s New York office. Jim’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and disputes, including the defense and prosecution of cases involving false advertising, intellectual property, products liability and commercial issues. He has tried cases and argued appeals in federal and state court. Significant recent matters include the defense of pharmaceutical and food manufacturers in individual and class actions alleging products liability, false advertising and violations of consumer fraud statutes. Besides litigating marketing claims in court, Jim has represented clients in matters challenging and defending advertising claims before the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus. Jim also has defended recent cases arising from data breaches and alleged invasions of privacy rights.
In addition, Jim has counseled corporate clients with respect to contracts, advertising, and FDA regulation of promotion. Before joining the firm in 1985, he served for two years as a law clerk for Judge Lee P. Gagliardi of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He chairs the Pro Bono and Public Interest Law Committee in New York, where he supervises and participates in the active and wide-ranging pro bono practice of the office.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of New York
- Yale Law School, 法務博士, 1983
- Yale College, 教養学学士, 1980 (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
- Lee P. Gagliardi, U.S. District Court, S.D. of New York (1983 - 1985)