BENJAMIN R. BRUNNER is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on the representation of individual and corporate clients in securities and shareholder litigations, white collar and securities enforcement matters, internal investigations, antitrust litigations and compliance proceedings, and telecommunications litigations and regulatory proceedings. He has a wide range of litigation and regulatory experience in courts and other adjudicatory bodies at both the federal and state levels, including drafting dispositive motions and other briefs, preparing fact and expert witnesses for trial and deposition, and managing significant electronic discovery. He has also represented clients in federal appellate proceedings.
Recently, Benjamin has represented:
- A Fortune 500 hotel and gaming company and its CEO and Chairman in a federal securities litigation.
- A major international semiconductor supplier in federal patent litigations concerning alleged standard essential patents and RAND-related defenses.
- A Fortune 100 telecommunications carrier in federal litigations concerning access charge arbitrage.
- A partner at a major accounting firm in investigative proceedings before the PCAOB.
- A major accounting firm in a dispute concerning alleged employment discrimination.
- A major international semiconductor supplier in a federal litigation concerning issues of breach of contract.
- A major corporate insurance company in a federal litigation concerning issues of alter ego and fraudulent transfer.
Benjamin also maintains an active pro bono practice through the firm’s Capital Litigation Project and Political Asylum and Immigration Project. He was awarded the Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and Federal Bar Association in 2016.