OLIVER CURRALL co-heads Sidley’s Tax group in Europe. Oliver advises on UK and international tax planning, with a particular focus on UK and cross-border private equity and M&A transactions, fund formation work and restructuring mandates. Oliver has advised a number of major private equity sponsors on the tax aspects of their deals, as well as on the structuring of their fund, management company and executive carry and co-invest arrangements.
Oliver is a UK Chartered Tax Adviser, as well as a lawyer, and regularly works with local experts to deliver cross-border transaction and structuring tax advice.
Oliver has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- Chambers UK 2023 – Ranked for Tax, where clients describe him as “hard-working, responsive and knowledgeable,” and note his “rare combination of highly technical and extremely commercial that makes him a brilliant tax adviser."
- The Legal 500 2023 – Ranked for Corporate Tax, where Oliver is praised as a “first class partner who combines deep technical knowledge with strong commercials to provide excellent, all round service.”
- Chambers Global 2022 – Recognized for Tax, with sources praised him as “very pragmatic, responsive and takes the time to understand what the client's needs are.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2022 – Ranked for Corporate Tax.
- Chambers UK 2022 – Ranked for Tax, where clients noted that he is “very flexible and personable and is good at walking you through the tax analysis.”
- Chambers UK 2020 – Ranked for Tax, where sources noted “he gives clarity to complex topics and he's very strong technically.”
The London Private Equity practice was honored as “Private Equity Team of the Year” in the 2021 Legal Business Awards.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Oliver was a partner in the tax practice of another international law firm.