SUSAN FANNING has over 20 years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious employment matters. A large part of Susan’s practice is focused on assisting clients with multi-jurisdictional employment and labor requirements. These range from the coordination of transactional and restructuring support to the design and management of internal policy and international HR strategy. Susan has advised extensively on the employment and employee data aspects of internal investigations.
Recent examples of Susan’s work include representing:
- Kiniciti on its investment in Ncardia, a leader in developing stem cell-based solutions for drug discovery and cell therapy.
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a Swiss life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- Confluence Technologies, Inc. in its US$500 million acquisition of Investment Metrics, a major provider of investment data, performance, analytics, and research software solutions.
- Newfold Digital on its acquisition of Yoast B.V., the leading search engine optimization plugin provider for WordPress.
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
Susan lectures regularly on all aspects of employment law, with particular focus on the management of employment risk across multiple jurisdictions. Susan is recommended for Employment in The Legal 500 2015, which recognizes her “following in the life sciences sector.” Susan was named “Employment Lawyer of the Year” by the International Law Office in 2011 and shortlisted again in 2013.
Prior to joining Sidley, Susan led the employment group at another international law firm from its London office.