SARAH IFTEKHAR is an associate in the firm’s Corporate group. Her areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and federal securities law matters. Sarah represents buyers and sellers in public and private mergers and acquisitions across a wide range of industries. She also advises publicly traded and privately held companies and their boards of directors on a broad range of corporate law matters, including SEC disclosure, corporate governance practices, shareholder activism/takeover defense, fiduciary duty issues and stock exchange requirements.
Clients served in representative transactions include:
- Multi-Color Corporation in connection with its agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Platinum Equity LLC, a leading private equity firm.
- Duke Energy in its $6.7 billion acquisition of Piedmont Natural Gas
- Cabela’s Incorporated in its $5 billion sale to Bass Pro Group and the related $2 billion sale of its credit card portfolio
- Beacon Roofing Supply in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Roofing Supply Group
- Aon Corporation in its sales of its benefits administration platform, recruitment process outsourcing business and absence management business
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its acquisition of Infinity Behavioral Health Services
Sarah received her J.D. from The University of Chicago Law School in 2014 and a B.S. in Political Science from Northwestern University in 2005. Prior to law school, Sarah worked in digital and database marketing for six years.