JASON NICHOL is a senior managing associate in the firm’s Chicago office, where he is a member of the Corporate group. His principal areas of practice include representing buyers, sellers and financial advisers in public and private mergers and acquisitions across a wide range of industries, private equity transactions and a variety of capital markets transactions. Jason also regularly advises publicly traded and private companies regarding corporate governance matters and strategy, disclosure policy, SEC reporting obligations and other issues arising under the federal securities laws and their related rules and regulations.
Clients served in representative transactions include:
- Cubic Corporation in its $2.8 billion sale transaction with Veritas Capital and an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management, Evergreen Coast Capital Corporation
- Volkswagen AG in its proposed co-investment with Ford Motor Company in autonomous vehicle technology company, Argo AI, valuing Argo at $7.1 billion
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. in various strategic equity investments
- A special committee of the board of directors of Coty Inc. in reviewing a $1.75 billion tender offer by an affiliate of JAB Partners
- Kemper Corporation in its acquisition of Infinity Property and Casualty Company, a transaction valued at $1.6 billion
- Landauer Inc. in its approximately $770 million sale to Fortive Corporation
- Navigant Consulting, Inc. in its proxy contest defense against Engine Capital
- Landauer Inc. in its proxy contest defense against Gilead Capital
- Various issuers including CBOE Holdings, Inc. and Jabil Inc. in public offerings of debt securities
- The lead underwriters in the transaction financing for Conagra Brands, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Pinnacle Foods Inc., which included the issuance of $7.025 billion of senior debt and $575 million of equity
- Various underwriters in various medium-term notes offerings by Harley-Davidson Financial Services, Inc.
Jason received his J.D. from Harvard Law School where he graduated magna cum laude and received the Dean’s Scholar Prize for Outstanding Course Work in the school’s Health Law and Policy Clinic and Music and Digital Media seminar. While in law school, Jason was President of the Harvard Law School Moot Court Board and received awards for best orator and best appellate brief in the final rounds of the ELSA World Trade Organization moot court competition held at the WTO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Jason received his B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, and B.S. in Music Performance, Double Bass, summa cum laude, from Central Michigan University.
Prior to joining the firm, Jason served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable David W. McKeague of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.