DAVID SIEGEL is senior counsel in the Chicago Real Estate group who practiced as a partner for 18 years after joining the firm in 1994. David’s practice includes a broad range of real estate acquisition, disposition, leasing and development transactions of many types, including utility acquisition, disposition, development and financing transactions, corporate headquarters leases and other office leasing, leasing of distribution centers, warehouses and other industrial properties, acquisitions and leasing of senior living facilities, and real estate development matters including mixed-use developments, conference and learning centers, senior living facilities, museums, and utility substations.
Some of the notable matters with which David has recently assisted clients include:
- Representation of a national utility and energy company in a wide variety of projects, including acquisitions of land rights for transmission lines and other facilities, purchases of office headquarters buildings, sales of transmission lines, project financings of portfolios of gas-powered generating stations and wind-powered generating stations located in multiple states, leases of property for electricity generation purposes, negotiations of agreements with governmental entities for use of land for transmission right of way purposes, disposition of a liquid natural gas facility, the real estate aspects of the decommissioning of coal-powered power plants, and numerous acquisitions of land rights for electrical substation purposes.
- Representation of an international healthcare real estate investment trust in acquisitions and developments of senior living facilities in several states.
- Representation of global developer and producer of sustainable natural ingredients in acquisition, disposition, and leasing transactions involving industrial and office properties throughout the country.
- Representation of Chicago-based real estate investment and development firm in acquisitions and development of property and property rights in connection with a large mixed-use community in Chicago.
- Representation of an international accounting and financial services firm in connection with the acquisition and development of its international training and conference center, and office leases throughout the country, including Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Minneapolis, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, and Orlando.
David also represents the firm in connection with its own internal leasing matters, runs the training program for the Real Estate group, serves as a knowledge management partner for the group, and is a member of the firm’s committee on the mentoring of associates. He has served as an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law for many years, where he lectures on the topic of real estate subdivisions and other land use matters, and has co-chaired and spoken at seminars addressing a wide variety of real estate law topics for organizations such as the Practising Law Institute and Law Seminars International.