KASIA THEVISSEN advises and represents clients with respect to structuring, regulation and operation of alternative investment funds including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, hybrid funds and funds of funds. She has experience in relation to the establishment and maintenance of investment funds, funds of one and managed accounts, investor negotiations, and related legal and regulatory issues.
Kasia advises a broad range of sponsors and investors, covering the establishment of all types of private funds, and advice to sovereign wealth funds, seed investors, pension funds, family offices and financial institutions, across a range of strategies including illiquid credit, infrastructure, distressed debt, liquid credit, property, renewable energy, event-driven equity, managed futures, long/short equity currency and co-investment structures.
Kasia’s recent experience includes advising:
- A London-based fund manager on the establishment of a major private fund focusing on European debt investments
- A sovereign wealth fund on private fund investments, funds of one and managed accounts
- A manager in connection with the establishment and structuring of a Luxembourg illiquid sustainable development fund with a European management structure
- A family office on real-estate fund investments, including fund term review and manager negotiations
- Numerous fund managers on matters arising from the implementation of AIFMD
Kasia is also committed to promoting diversity in the financial services industry. Kasia has been actively supporting 100 Women in Finance, a global network of professionals in the finance and alternative investment industries.