Global Life Sciences companies face an increasingly diverse set of U.S. products liability and consumer fraud challenges that necessitate careful coordination of global litigation strategy. This timely webinar will address top issues companies should be aware of and plan for, including important U.S. law developments and ways in which U.S. tort theories are being exported abroad.
Speaker: Kara L. McCall
- Welcome and Introductions
- Coordination and Cooperation – making international tort litigation work
- Alien Tort Statute – evolving standards governing when tort claims that arise outside the U.S. can be litigated in U.S. courts
- Forum Non Conveniens (FNC) – recent developments and what companies can do now to improve their chances of early dismissals
- Privilege Issues – protecting an attorney-client privilege formed outside the U.S. in U.S. litigation
- Regulatory Expert Witnesses and Foreign Regulatory Developments – strategies for managing their impact on tort litigation
- Consumer Fraud Class Actions – understanding their increasing popularity among plaintiffs, strategies in preparing for and defending them, and collective redress efforts in the EU
- Preemption and Regulatory Compliance Defenses – deploying these important defenses after recent Supreme Court decisions in Riegel, Levine and Mensing
- Class Actions and Daubert Inquiries – what courts are doing after Wal-Mart v. Dukes
- Document Production and Data Protection – balancing privacy rules and disclosure requirements
- Punitive Damages – constitutional protections and pre-litigation planning
This is a free webinar.
RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY and CA. CLE credit for this program is pending.
Sidley Austin’s Global Life Sciences Practice presents:
A series of presentations on emerging legal issues across the life sciences arena:
- Global Drug and Biotech Pricing: Risk and Rewards in an Evolving World Market
- Bridging the Value Gap: Options, Earnouts and other Alternative Structures for Life Science Transactions
- A New Era of GMP & QSR Enforcement – Emerging Trends and Issues
- A Small World: Evolving Tort Standards and Developments Around the Globe
- A Changing International Landscape: Patent Procurement and Enforcement