As a follow-up to the May 17 remarks given by Judge Stephen Schwebel, former President of the International Court of Justice, we invite you to a more in-depth discussion of the EU’s Proposed Investment Court.
During this luncheon, our panel will explore the Investment Court model that is currently proposed for the TTIP and included in the Canada–EU CETA and the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement. Colin Brown, the EU’s Deputy Head of Dispute Settlement, will comment on the EU Investment Court and the distinguished panel will provide insights into this dynamic proposal — addressing its roots, the EU’s vision, the benefits, drawbacks and challenges of reforming investor-state dispute settlement, and answering questions from the audience.
Held at Sidley Austin’s Washington, D.C. office, this program is held in cooperation with the ABA Section of International Law and co-sponsored by the American Society for International Law.
Moderator: Michael Goldhaber, The American Lawyer
- Colin Brown, Directorate-General Trade; Deputy Head of Dispute Settlement and Legal Aspects of Trade Policy; European Commission
- Robert Howse, Lloyd C. Nelson Professor of International Law, New York University School of Law
- Andrea Menaker, Partner, White & Case LLP
- James Mendenhall, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Hon. Delissa Ridgway, United States Court of International Trade
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
11:30 a.m. - Registration and lunch
12:00 p.m. - Program
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.