Workshop for Buy-Side, Sell-Side and Legal Professionals with Day-to-Day Exposure
We invite you to join us for an engaging discussion on current trends and developments in asset management, with a particular focus on the early stages of a new venture. Following an introduction from Sidley partner Stephen Ross, our speakers will dive into the topics that are top of mind for industry participants — including smart practices around fundraising and term sheets — and discuss projections for the road ahead, on the heels of a challenging year for managers but one that nonetheless presents expanding opportunities. The session will conclude with a Q&A, followed by networking over canapés and drinks.
- Current Fundraising Trends and Impact of Brexit
- Who? What? When? – Fundraising Process Overview
- Regulatory Framework
- Hedge Fund and Private Equity Fund Comparison
Term Sheets in Fund Transactions
- Streamlining – Why Is It important to Have Term Sheets?
- Key Areas of Focus – What Information Does a Term Sheet Contain to Make It Useful?
- Architects – Who Should Help Construct and Review a Term Sheet?
- Legal Status – Can Term Sheets Be Legally Binding?
- Case Studies – Examples of Good and Not-So-Good Term Sheets
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Welcome and Registration
Drinks and Canapé Reception
- Stephen J.D. Ross
Partner and Global Co-leader of Investment Funds, Advisers and Derivatives practice, Sidley
- Peter Chapman
- Katarzyna Orzolek