The new VCC framework promises to be a game changer in the Asia Pacific (APAC) asset management industry, in particular for fund managers with an APAC nexus. The VCC framework, which is expected to go live this year, aims to provide both close-ended and open-ended asset managers with flexibility and structuring efficiency, as well as an alternative fund domicile in Singapore, a key financial center in Asia.
Please join us for a special presentation to discuss the key features of the new Singapore Variable Capital Company (VCC) fund structure.
Representatives from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), as well as professional advisers from Singapore, will share their perspectives on the legal, tax, buy-side operational and fund administration perspectives, focusing on how the new regime could disrupt the asset management industry in a progressive and positive way.
Who Should Attend
Asset managers whose operations and business strategy have an Asian nexus or who are interested in knowing how the VCC will disrupt the fund formation and structuring landscape.
- Lavan Thiru, Chief Representative, New York, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Fumin Feng, Deputy Director, Financial Markets Development Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Amy Ang, Partner and Asean Financial Services Organisation Tax Leader, Financial Tax Services, Ernst & Young Solutions LLP
- Han Ming Ho, Partner & Co-Head of Investment Funds Asia Pacific, Sidley Austin LLP
- Martin O’Regan, Managing Director, Solas Fiduciary Services
- Mark Voumard, Founder and CEO, Gordian Capital Singapore
10:00 a.m. – Registration
10:15 a.m. – Opening Address
10:25 a.m. – Presentations
- VCC Act and Its Key Features
- Tax Related Aspects of the VCC
11:20 a.m. – Roundtable Discussion on operational aspects of the VCC and Q&A
12:10 p.m. – Closing Address
12:15 p.m. – Buffet Lunch & Networking
Space is limited and is available on a first-come-first serve basis. Please register now to secure your seats.
For questions or more information, please contact us at email@example.com.