As we adjust to the new landscape and the effects of COVID-19, a variety of concerns and strategies merit consideration as businesses reassess the financial implications of their environmental obligations. Please join Sidley lawyers for a webinar to discuss:
- Non-bankruptcy global environmental settlement agreements
- Ability to pay arguments, including under the EPA Civil Penalty Policy and during CERCLA cost allocation
- Requests from environmental indemnitors or other obligated parties to reduce obligations to avoid bankruptcy
- Impact of the financial downturn on meeting financial assurance requirements for environmental obligations
- Environmental issues during temporary or permanent plant shutdowns or reductions in workforce
- Anticipating and meeting environmental diligence challenges in transactions during COVID-19
Tim Webster, Partner, Co-Leader of the Environmental Practice
Duston McFaul, Partner
Maureen Crough, Counsel
John Heyde, Counsel
Please save the date for upcoming webinars in this series:
- May 4, 2020: Financial Impacts of COVID-19: Environmental Issues in Bankruptcy (Part 1)
- May 18, 2020: Financial Impacts of COVID-19: Environmental Issues in Bankruptcy (Part 2)
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY and CA.
This program has been approved for CLE credit.
For additional information regarding this event, please contact email@example.com.