The U.S. CARES Act provides significant relief to small and large businesses impacted by COVID-19. Join us for this one-hour CLE presentation as we walk through the Act and its implications.
Our panelists will discuss:
- Unemployment benefits, such as the expansion of eligibility and increase in benefits
- Employee benefits provisions, including tax-favored access to retirement funds and expansion of health and welfare coverages
- Small Business Administration loans, including eligibility, understanding the calculation of the loan amount and forgiveness
- Tax provisions, such as retention credits, payroll tax deferral, and the interplay with credits for FFCRA sick and extended family leave
- Frequently Asked Questions from employers
Eileen Liu, Partner, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
John Schaff, Partner, Tax
Michael Nemeroff, Senior Counsel, Accountants and Professional Liability
Jason Marsico, Associate, Labor, Employment and Immigration
Moderator: Teresa Reuter, Counsel, Labor, Employment and Immigration
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY and CA.
This program has been approved for CLE credit.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.