The COVID-19 crisis has caused activists to rip up their standard playbook. In the past, activism has emerged from crises stronger than it was before. How will activists evolve their playbook for technology companies? How should technology companies prepare for the expected rebound in activism?
We will answer the questions most pertinent to public company GCs and Boards:
- What does activism look like in a COVID-19 world?
- When will activism return and how will it evolve in the technology sector?
- The re-emergence of poison pills — is adoption an option in tech?
- Withdrawn guidance? Cutting dividend or stockpiling cash? How will your response to the crisis impact your activism vulnerability?
- How will the rapidly shifting M&A and financing markets impact demands from activists?
Learn what you need to know in order to best prepare your Company, your Board and your CEO for the next wave of activism.
Jen Fitchen, Partner, Co-Chair of Mergers and Acquisitions Practice
Kai Liekefett, Partner, Co-Chair of Shareholder Activism Practice
Derek Zaba, Partner, Co-Chair of Shareholder Activism Practice
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY and CA.
CLE credit is pending for this program.