Much like the midstream, the upstream oil & gas sector faces continued headwinds in the new year, with numerous challenges from the new administration and its executive agencies. Sidley lawyers will discuss the January 27 Climate Crisis Executive Order, whether we can expect additional future actions focused on imposing further regulation on the upstream oil and gas industry, and how E&P companies can respond to these challenges. Panelists will address:
- A high-level summary of the upstream-specific provisions of the January 27 Climate Crisis Executive Order and Department of Interior Temporary Suspension of Delegated Authority with respect to fossil fuel authorizations
- Additional climate initiatives anticipated from under the current administration
- How E&P and industry groups can prepare to respond
- Samuel Boxerman, Partner, Environmental
- Richard Klingler, Partner, Supreme Court and Appellate
- Katy Lukaszewski, Partner, Energy M&A
- U.S. Rep. Peter Roskam (Retired), Partner, Government Strategies
Sidley hosted a webinar on February 4, 2021 discussing the similar challenges facing the midstream sector. Click here for more information.
Sidley Austin LLP is an accredited MCLE provider in IL, NY, and CA. Credit is available for TX, ME, and VA upon request. CLE credit will be offered for this program.
If you would like to view a recording of this webinar for CLE credit, please contact email@example.com who will direct you to Sidley's CLE Library. The above recording is only available for non-CLE purposes.