- Debunking the Debunker: A Reaction to Chuck Nathan’s “7 Myths” About Activists
- Shareholder Activism: The Potential Impact of Mandatory Use of Universal Proxy Cards
- Delaware Appraisal Developments – Lessons Old and New
- Delaware Court of Chancery Applies Business Judgment Review to Going-Private, Squeeze-Out Merger Based on M&F Worldwide
- Delaware Provides Further Guidance on Application of Business Judgment Rule to Post-Closing Damages Claims
- Delaware Court of Chancery Refines the Caremark Bad Faith Standard
- SEC Staff Issues Guidance on Five-Day Debt Tender Offers and Disclosure of Financial Advisor Compensation Arrangements in Equity Tender Offers
- SEC Staff Provides Limited Guidance on CEO Pay Ratio Disclosure Rule
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- ISS and Glass Lewis Release Updated Proxy Voting Policies for the 2017 Proxy Season
- Business Roundtable Seeks to Modernize the Shareholder Proposal Process
- New Treasury and IRS Debt-Equity Tax Regulations May Impact M&A Structuring and Due Diligence
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the December issue here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Securities and Shareholder Litigation
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.