- Cybersecurity: M&A Due Diligence and Protecting Privilege
- Delaware Court of Chancery Provides Appraisal Proceedings Primer
- Delaware Supreme Court Reverses Court of Chancery on the Issue of Director Independence
- Delaware Supreme Court Holds That a Merger Extinguished a Limited Partner’s Standing to Pursue a Derivative Claim
- Delaware Law Protects Informed Directors Who Took Reasonable Steps to Address Data Security Deficiencies
- Difficult in Delaware to Challenge Transactions That Have Been Approved By Disinterested and Fully-Informed Stockholders
- Presidential Order Blocks Cross-Border M&A Deal Over National Security Concerns
- Seller Defeats Fraud Claim with Anti-Reliance Clause
- Delaware Court of Chancery Refers $2.5 Billion Working Capital Dispute to Independent Accountant
- SEC Continues to Take Enforcement Action Against Companies for Using Severance Agreements That Impede Whistleblowing
- New DOL Guidance on Proxy Voting and Shareholder Engagement May Lead to Increased Shareholder Activism
- SEC Staff Issues FAST Act-Mandated Report on the Modernization and Simplification of Regulation S-K
- GAO Issues Report on the Current State of the Proxy Advisory Industry
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Delaware Court of Chancery Invalidates Bylaw Requiring Supermajority Vote to Remove Directors
- BlackRock Letter Encourages Focus on Long-Term Value Creation
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the February issue here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at email@example.com.
Securities and Shareholder Litigation
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.