Sidley is pleased to share the June issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- Board Oversight of Corporate Compliance Programs: Recent DOJ Guidance and What to Do Now
- Two Delaware Appraisal Rulings Peg Fair Value at or Below Merger Price
- Delaware Court of Chancery Further Clarifies What Constitutes a “Proper Purpose” for Demands to Inspect Corporate Records
- Delaware Court of Chancery Continues to Refine the Parameters of Corwin
- Delaware Court of Chancery Holds That Stockholder Approval of Equity Incentive Plan Ratifies Subsequent Awards
- Delaware Court of Chancery Uses Context to Interpret Term That Would Trigger Milestone Payment
- Delaware Superior Court Finds a Bankruptcy Trustee’s Fiduciary Duty Claim a Covered “Securities Claim” Under D&O Insurance Policy
- House of Representatives Approves Revised Dodd-Frank Repeal Bill
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Virtual-Only Annual Meetings Gain Traction but Face Some Investor Backlash
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the June issue here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at email@example.com.
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.