Sidley won three awards at the Euromoney Legal Media Group’s second annual Americas Rising Stars Awards. David Form won “Deal of the Year” honors for his work on ExodusPoint’s flagship US$8 billion hedge fund, which was the largest hedge fund start-up launch in history.
Also honored in the Rising Stars Awards were Michael D. Mann and Michelle A. Ramirez.
Michael won in the “Best in White Collar Crime” category for his work on high-profile matters such as successfully defending OSU Head Football Coach Urban Meyer in a university investigation into allegations of misconduct regarding an assistant coach on his staff, and the criminal appeal of former Port Authority of NY/NJ executive Bill Baroni in the national political scandal known as “Bridgegate,” which is currently pending before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Michelle took the “Best in Product Liability” laurels in connection with her work on high-profile product liability matters including as one of the lead strategy counsel for Bayer Healthcare in a nationwide mass tort litigation involving a Class III medical device.
Fourteen other Sidley lawyers were shortlisted by Euromoney for the Rising Stars Awards, which celebrate up-and-coming lawyers under the age of 40 across a range of practice areas and highlight the progress of firms in terms of recruitment policies, mentoring, talent management and succession planning. The shortlisted Sidley lawyers include:
- Ike Adams – White Collar
- Timothy L. Chandler – Energy, Natural Resources & Mining
- Elizabeth M. Chiarello – Product Liability
- Stephanie H. Dobecki – Insurance & Reinsurance
- David A. Form – Investment Funds
- Joseph R. Gottlieb – Insurance & Reinsurance
- Christopher R. Hale – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Robert Kao – Restructured Finance
- Ankit Kashyap – Capital Markets
- Zackary Pullin – Tax and Tax Disputes
- Charles K. Schafer – General Commercial Litigation
- Vijay S. Sekhon – Private Equity
- John M. Skakun III – Securities Litigation
- Adam M. Snyder – Mergers & Acquisitions